Tuesday, August 12, 2008

In No Particular Order

Ben had his first birthday in July and is now officially a toddler.




Miriam had her sixth birthday this month. It was full of princesses, tea parties, treats, and presents. As it should be. Two days before her birthday she said, "I wonder how I will look when I am six?"



Spencer finished and sold his first project for his business, S.C. Edwards Fine Woodworking. It is a captain's bed for his cousin's handicapped son (the reason for the crib-like sides). I am so amazed at his courage and hard work as he starts this business. He's a good, good man.



It seems that I always have so much to report about everyone in the family but me. Hmmm... I need be a bit more interesting. I'm just doing the usuall mom stuff. It's been a bit crappy lately as all the kids have a stomach bug. Lucky me.
Oh, I do have something new. I've joined a choir that meets on Sundays in SLC. Right now we are enjoying such greats as Brahms, Mozart, Beethoven, etc. I feel my mind and heart enlightened each week. Music has always been so important to me throughout my life. I have to say that I enjoy the private practicing much better than the performances. I like the space of it.

6 comments:

Sarah Starr Alleman Smith said...

I remember turning six. It was the 1st time I was aware of my growth. It felt like a big step in life, and I think it was. Happy birthday to Miriam and Ben! That bed is beautiful. I'm glad you're singing!

Amber said...

I think it's so nice that you are enjoying your singing so much. :) The bed is beautiful! I can't believe Ben is WALKING! He's such a sweetie. Miriam will remember that party. The house was so DARLING! That is what you have been doing, singing, turning houses into princess land, then back into a house, making yummy food, being an awesome mommy! Those kiddos LOVE you! :) Hope they all start feeling better soon.

Jessie said...

Quite the sum-up! The bed rocks, I was happy to see it in person before you delivered it.
I feel bad we haven't seen Miriam since before her b-day, and thus haven't had the chance to deliver her present yet. Maybe that will give me time to improve on the Louie-insisted gift. He also was the brains behind Ben's gift, though, and that went pretty well!

Robison Fam. said...

Your kids have grown-up so much, they are beautiful! One of these days we will meet up again when we visit Utah. What a beautiful bed Spencer made, so talented! I have been in our choir in our ward this year and it is a great way for me to relax and feel something spiritual without my kids! Enjoy!

Emily said...

Congratulations to Miriam on turning 6. What a beauty!

The bed is beautiful. What a fantastic carpenter you have there.

Tummy bugs are the worst. We'll pray for you.

The choir sounds awesome, they're lucky to have you.

Miss you girlie. You need to post more often.

Our Little Corner said...

I have to agree with Amber. I don't think your immense efforts to pull off the princess party will be forgotten. She'll always remember that party.
Speaking of which, did you get any photos with my Darling in them? Could you e-mail if so, pretty please?