There is a man that lives down the street. He is old and slow. The houses around him look a bit neglected. He usally wears a white tank top and he seems a bit rough and worn. Every morning and afternoon, I find him outside tending his flowers--weeding, watering, trimming, watching. A perfectly ordinary man creating beauty and goodness in his life. I have only noticed him recently because Miriam has requested we walk/ride bikes to school lately. Her requested pace has allowed me to see something great.
I have such a small, ordinary life. I vacuum my floors, I cook dinner, I drive here and there on various errands, and I care for children. Such ordinary things that I could fill with beauty and goodness if I choose. I can be like the gardener's neighbor and let weeds take over and leave litter around, or I can tend to my garden. And when I do take the time and care, such beautiful things grow in my life. Miriam expands my sight, Sam enlivens my imagination, Ben opens my listening, and Spencer shows me how to love.
Thank you Sarah Starr for asking me to "love my life."
2 months ago
5 comments:
Your post reminds me of the Little Prince, the way he tends his flower and planet and that is what makes it so dear.
What a lovely discovery made by changing pace.
Thank-you for this post. I sometimes need reminding of all the beautiful "little things" in my life. I too am so blessed. By the way, Miriam is so beautiful and grown-up!
I loved your post! Thank you for finding beauty in unusual places and applying it into your life.
hey annie I always enjoy looking at your blog and reading your insights on life. I got your message the other day about the movie. I am sorry I forgot to tell you how sad it was. I have been meaning to call you back but life has been so hectic which really is no excuse. Danni left yesterday for a few weeks to go back to florida so I am finally getting back into my own schedule again and how nice it feels.
Thanks for the great reminder. I forget so many times to love my life.
Post a Comment