I can't believe how cold it is here in Utah. I just want to stay inside, bake delicious things, and soak my feet in hot water. I have been avoiding the cold, but my mind needs the space of outside so I have been feeling trapped. I lose a bit of myself when I spend too much time inside.
I haven't done the New Year's resolution thing yet so maybe I should start with, spend some time outside everyday (walking to the car to take Miriam to school doesn't count). I'll just have to add resolutions as I feel they need to be added. Instead of new year's resolutions, maybe I can have new month's resolution. That's a bit more manageable for me. I'll still bake delicious things though--my next baking venture will be sour cream chocolate cake and red velvet cake (yes, Sarah, from scratch. You were right from scratch is so much better).
2 months ago
3 comments:
Annie, you've been tagged. See my blog for more info. at ejburneson.blogspot.com
Love Ya!
Scratch, I'm telling you. I made cupcakes today for the Young Women and wow. I would have been able to enjoy them more had I not been such a good snicker during the making.
Making a special effort each day to take in a little of the outdoors - even when it seems nasty - is important. I too find myself doing too much of the car door to door outdoorsing in these months, and when I do it is my loss.
You will have to post the recipes. It has been awhile since I made any cake from scratch. Sounds great though.
This has been an especially cold winter - I totally know what you mean about feeling trapped. I keep telling my self - just one more month. I am just focusing on making it through February. I really enjoy the outdoors as well and I miss them. Good resolution.
Post a Comment